Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Weekly Doctor's Appointment

I went to see my doctor yesterday and she did an ultrasound to see if the baby had decided to move his cord out from above his head and let his mommy out of bed for a few weeks before he makes his grand entrance. No such doing.

This Thursday, I am scheduled for a Non Stress Test. We'll be monitoring the baby for a while to be sure that he's not compressing the cord and thereby cutting off his own oxygen supply. We'll also be checking to see if I've dilated at all.

At Thursday's appointment, I'll also be hearing what the Perinatoligist thinks of my case. She's being called in to help with figuring when I should have an amnio drawn and then have my c-section scheduled. I'll be happy as long I make it to Memorial Day. Then I'll be 36 weeks and a lot more comfortable with the idea of him coming out healthy and strong.

More to come after this Thursday...

No comments: